The Arts Exchange is here for you!
The Arts Exchange Internships are offered to high school, college, university and graduate students. Internship responsibilities vary according to grade and skill level. Innovative approaches to the internship descriptions below will be considered. Qualified candidates are motivated high school, college and university undergrad and graduate students interested in a creative environment where their contributions are appreciated.
- Arts Administration interns are crucial to successful day to day operations. Duties include: maintaining facility files, data entry/management, material retrieval and organizing, recordkeeping and bookkeeping assistance. Maintaining a comprehensive database (with demographics) of supporters, donors and audience members is an essential task.
- Visual Arts internship responsibilities include gallery prep, exhibition installation /de-installation, providing curatorial assistance to exhibiting artists, guiding tours for school groups and community organizations. Researching RFP’s, fellowships, retreat centers and group exhibitions are additional tasks. Assisting professional artists in their studios is an additional opportunity offered.
- Theatre and Performing Arts interns participate fully in maintaining the upkeep of The Paul Robeson Theatre, keeping the theatre log book current, helping build and strike sets, and assisting the dramaturge or director upon occasion. Additional duties include researching opportunities for performing artists in our performing arts program, coordinating programs and performances sponsored or co-sponsored by The Arts Exchange and other tasks as needed.
- Communications, Public Relations and Social Media interns have the important duties of updating the events calendar, developing press and media releases, distributing communication instruments, scheduling media events, building and maintaining a comprehensive press, media and social media database in addition to maintaining a comprehensive database (with demographics) of supporters, donors and audience members. A crucial component of this internship is promoting programs and performances sponsored or co-sponsored by The Arts Exchange.
- Cultural Anthropology internship tasks include researching and compiling existing documentation, retrieving records, historical data and materials; identifying participants who are still active, gather written and oral histories, inventory material in our extensive files for archives. College/university undergraduates and graduate student interns are encouraged to identify a specific area of concentration that may benefit their studies.
Atlanta Interactive Theatre
Saturday, June 11, 7PM
Saturday, July 9, 7PM
$8 entrance fee
For more information, contact
Atlanta Radical Faeries
Free and open to the public
Saturday, June 4PM - 2AM
For more information, click here
August 7 - August 31
Befo I go presents…sHe TURNS 11 AN ART SHOW
by sankofa Selassie
Friday, August 7, 7:30 - 9:00pm
Artist Coloring Book signing
and Artist talk with music and light refreshments:
8:00 - 10pm
Closing: August 31,
7:00 - 9:00pm
The Ebon Dooley Conference Room is available for short
The Arts Exchange is ideally suited for your next performance, arts showcase, rehearsals or event. Contact us to inquire about our various indoor and outdoor space options.
About | Studio Artists | Theater | XChange Gallery | Ebon Dooley Conference Room | Resources | Home
In continuous operation since 1984, The Arts Exchange provides affordable studio space to visual, performing, and literary artists. The Arts Exchange is
a multicultural, multidisciplinary, intergenerational arts colony located in
Grant Park. This unique venue offers a nurturing environment for both emerging
and practicing professional artists to create new work, and to interact with the
community through innovative arts experiences, educational opportunities, visual arts exhibitions, and performances. Click here to apply for a studio space.
©2016, The Arts Exchange • 750 Kalb St. SE • Atlanta, GA • 30312
404-624-4211 • email@example.com •